Leveraging a Preeminent R&D Platform to Develop and Commercialize Products Across Key Markets
RCI is far outpacing its competitors in intellectual property and practical applications, and addressing the human health and animal agriculture markets. As a recognized leader in gene editing in large animal models, RCI’s global patent portfolio includes 18 issued patents, more than 200 additional applications filed, including first use and enabling patent claims for livestock (including, but not limited to both CRISPR and TALENs).
RCI’s leadership team, board of directors, and distinguished scientific advisory board include many of the world’s leading genetics experts – complemented by world-class executives with a track record of success.
Key accomplishments include:
- The world’s first sale of gene-edited pig models to a globally recognized medical clinic for use in human cardiac therapeutics testing;
- Global rights for TALENs as a principal tool for gene-editing in large animals, enabling products and methods that facilitate human biomedical research, regenerative medicine, and enhanced animal welfare and food production;
- Global reach and presence, with local expertise throughout Asia and Latin America and pending patent applications and issued patents in the largest and most important markets, including the U.S., Europe, Australia, New Zealand, China, Brazil, and Japan;
- Broad patent claims for all methods of gene-editing in livestock issued in China in May 2017;
- First enabled livestock animal patent filing using CRISPR/Cas9;
- Freedom to operate in pig and cattle cloning; and
- The leading intellectual property position in advanced reproductive physiology poised for commercialization.